BILL O'REILLY OUSTED FROM FOX NEWS!

Bill O'Reilly is out at Fox News. The top rated host in cable news saw his run at Fox come to an abrupt and embarrassing end as the network finally decided the disclosure of a series of sexual harassment allegations against him and an internal investigation that turned up even more.

The New York Times on April 1 revealed how Fox News and its parent company, 21st Century Fox, had repeatedly stood by O'Reilly even as he and the company reached settlements with five women who had complained about sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior by him. The agreements totaled about $13 million.

Since then, more than 50 advertisers had abandoned his show, and women’s rights groups had called for him to be fired. Inside the company, women expressed outrage and questioned whether top executives were serious about maintaining a culture based on “trust and respect,” as they had promised last summer when another sexual harassment scandal led to the ouster of Roger E. Ailes as chairman of Fox News.

That left O’Reilly’s fate in the hands of the Murdoch family, which controls 21st Century Fox. In the end, according to two people familiar with the decision, who spoke without attribution to the New York Times, Rupert Murdoch and his sons, James and Lachlan, made their call after reviewing the results of an internal investigation that found that multiple women had reported inappropriate behavior by O'Reilly.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

Tweet @Popwrecked about Bill O'Reilly's ouster from Fox News!


© 2017. Popwrecked. All Rights Reserved.

BILL O'REILLY OUSTED FROM FOX NEWS!

Bill O'Reilly is out at Fox News. The top rated host in cable news saw his run at Fox come to an abrupt and embarrassing end as the network finally decided the disclosure of a series of sexual harassment allegations against him and an internal investigation that turned up even more.

The New York Times on April 1 revealed how Fox News and its parent company, 21st Century Fox, had repeatedly stood by O'Reilly even as he and the company reached settlements with five women who had complained about sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior by him. The agreements totaled about $13 million.

Since then, more than 50 advertisers had abandoned his show, and women’s rights groups had called for him to be fired. Inside the company, women expressed outrage and questioned whether top executives were serious about maintaining a culture based on “trust and respect,” as they had promised last summer when another sexual harassment scandal led to the ouster of Roger E. Ailes as chairman of Fox News.

That left O’Reilly’s fate in the hands of the Murdoch family, which controls 21st Century Fox. In the end, according to two people familiar with the decision, who spoke without attribution to the New York Times, Rupert Murdoch and his sons, James and Lachlan, made their call after reviewing the results of an internal investigation that found that multiple women had reported inappropriate behavior by O'Reilly.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations, the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel,” 21st Century Fox said in a statement.

Tweet @Popwrecked about Bill O'Reilly's ouster from Fox News!


© 2017. Popwrecked. All Rights Reserved.